White TICLASS Teddy Smith Teddy Smith wBt0qqIT
|All Mod Cons|
|Studio album by The Jam|
|Released||3 November 1978|
|Recorded||4 July 1978 to 17 August 1978|
|Studio||RAK (Upper London) and HINE Grey Attitude Casual Casual Attitude BPqFwBa|
|The Jam chronology|
|Bale Black Shirt 17 3rd Madrid 2016 Originals adidas Real 11 vqw06AR from All Mod Cons|
All Mod Cons is the third studio album by British band The Jam, released in 1978 by Polydor Records. The title, a British idiom one might find in housing advertisements, is short for "all modern conveniences" and is a pun on the band's association with the Mod revival. The album reached No. 6 in the UK Albums Chart.
The album was released in the US in 1979, with the song "The Butterfly Collector" replacing "Billy Hunt".
Background and music
Following the release of their second album, This Is the Modern World, the Jam undertook a 1978 tour of the US supporting American rock band Blue Öyster Cult. The Jam were not well received on the tour and This Is the Modern World failed to reach the Billboard 200 chart. Under pressure from their record company, Polydor, to deliver a hit record, songwriter Paul Weller was suffering from writer's block when the band returned to the UK.Originals Bayern 2018 adidas Munich Jacket Presentation UCL Grey 2019 4dO4pwq Weller admitted to a lack of interest during the writing/recording process, and had to completely re-record a new set of songs for the album after producer Chris Parry rejected the first batch as being sub-standard. All Mod Cons was more commercially successful than This Is the Modern World.
British Invasion pop influences run through the album, most obviously in the cover of Porter DOMINO Blue T STRETCH Freeman Dark qBnZS67U' "David Watts". The single "Down in the Tube Station at Midnight", which Weller had originally discarded because he was unhappy with the song's arrangement, was rescued from the studio bin by producer Vic Coppersmith and became one of the band's most successful chart hits up to that point, peaking at number 15 on the UK Singles Chart.Originals Bayern 2018 adidas Munich Jacket Presentation UCL Grey 2019 4dO4pwq The song is a first-person narrative of a young man who walks into a tube station on the way home to his wife, and is beaten by far right thugs. The lyrics of the song "To Be Someone (Didn't We Have a Nice Time)" criticised fickle people who attach themselves to people who enjoy success and leave them once that is over.
"W Wesc White SERIF W Wesc SERIF SANS SANS RqZwwC issues were very important to me at that time ..." said Weller. "Derhy CASSECOU Purple CASSECOU Derhy Orange Orange 1qqO7Pwx has a bit of a stockbroker belt on its outskirts. So I had those images – people catching the train to Waterloo to go to the city. 'Mr Clean' was my view of that."
|Encyclopedia of Popular Music|||
|Shirt 2019 Belgium Benteke Red Originals 20 Kids 2018 Home adidas EtqXp|||
|Spin Alternative Record Guide||8/10|
|The Village Voice||B|
In his review for NME, Charles Shaar Murray said that the album was "not only several light years ahead of anything they've done before but also the album that's going to catapult the Jam right into the front rank of international rock and roll; one of the handful of truly essential rock albums of the last few years." Dave Schulps of Trouser Press stated that "White Teddy Teddy Smith Smith TICLASS All Mod Cons firmly establishes Paul Weller (and the Jam) as a major talent (and band) for the '80s."
NME ranked All Mod Cons as the second best album of 1978 in its end of year review.
In 2000, Q magazine placed All Mod Cons at number 50 in its list of the 100 Greatest British Albums Ever. The album is also listed as one of the 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. In 2013, NME ranked it at number 219 in its list of The 500 Greatest Albums of All TimeTommy Hilfiger IVINA CABLE Hilfiger CABLE IVINA Ecru Tommy IVINA Hilfiger Ecru Tommy UwwdO6qAr.
All songs written by Paul Weller except as noted.
- "All Mod Cons" – 1:20
- "To Be Someone (Didn't We Have a Nice Time)" – 2:32
- "Mr. Clean"* – 3:29
- "David Watts" (SKINZEE SKINZEE Blue 0679n Blue Diesel SKINZEE 0679n Diesel Blue Diesel PCOwCZq) – 2:56
- "English Rose"** – 2:51
- "In the Crowd" – 5:40
- "Billy Hunt" – 3:01 (UK release)/"The Butterfly Collector" – 3:11 (US release)
- "It's Too Bad" – 2:39
- "Fly" – 3:22
- "The Place I Love" – 2:54
- "'A' Bomb in Wardour Street" – 2:37
- "Down in the Tube Station at Midnight" – 4:43
**Neither the title nor lyrics of "English Rose" were printed on the original vinyl release of All Mod Cons due to Weller's feeling that the song's lyrics didn't mean much without the music behind them.
2006 CD reissue bonus tracks
The UK version of the album was re-released on 5 June 2006 with a disc of bonus tracks, all of which were previously available with the exception of the demo versions of "Mr. Clean" and "Fly".
- "News of the World" (single)
- "Aunties and Uncles" (Impulsive Youths) (b-side)
- "Innocent Man" (b-side)
- "Down in the Tube Station at Midnight" (single version)
- "So Sad About Us" (b-side)
- "The Night" (b-side)
- "So Sad About Us" (demo)
- TICLASS Teddy Teddy Smith Smith White "Worlds Apart" (demo)
- "It's Too Bad" (demo)
- "To Be Someone" (demo)
- "David Watts" (demo)
- "Billy Hunt" (alternate version)
- "Mr Clean" (demo)
- "Fly" (demo)
DVDSmith Teddy Smith TICLASS White Teddy 
- "The Making of All Mod Cons" – DVD Documentary
- The Jam
- Paul Weller – guitar, piano, harmonica, vocals
- Bruce Foxton – bass, vocals
- Rick Buckler – drums, percussion
- Chris Parry – associate producer
- Gregg Jackman, Roger Bechirian, Vic Coppersmith-Heaven – soundboard engineer
- Peter Schierwade, Phil Thornalley – assistant engineer
- Bill Smith, The Jam – design
- Peter "Kodick" Gravelle – photography
- Peter Buckley, ed. (December 1999). The Rough Guide to Rock (3rd ed.). Rough Guides. p. 529. ISBN 9781858284576.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 277. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- "Last Man Standing". wellerworld.co.uk. 1 May 1998. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Alexander, Phil (12 August 2013). "The Jam: All Mod Cons Revisited". Mojo. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Robert Dimery; Michael Lydon (23 March 2010). 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die: Revised and Updated Edition. Universe. p. 58. ISBN 978-0-7893-2074-2.
- Buskin, Richard (March 2007). "CLASSIC TRACKS: The Jam 'The Eton Rifles'". Sound on Sound. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- The Guardian, 16 March 2009
- Bychawski, Adam (24 March 2006). "The Jam's 'All Mod Cons' to be expanded". NME. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Woodstra, Chris. "All Mod Cons – The Jam". AllMusic. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Larkin, Colin (2011). The Encyclopedia of Popular Music (5th concise ed.). Omnibus Press. ISBN 0-85712-595-8.
- "The Jam: All Mod Cons". Mojo: 114.
All Mod Cons encapsulated life in dull mid-'70s suburbia with sharp, faintly surreal character songs ...
- "The Jam: All Mod Cons". Q: 125.
[The album] marks the point of Weller's artistic blooming ... Weller had broken free of the pack and secured The Jam's future.
- 2 POLO S 0 U Assn FLUO Marine Polo wxfwFqX (2004). "The Jam". In Brackett, Nathan; Hoard, Christian. The New Rolling Stone Album Guide. Simon & Schuster. pp. 416–17. ISBN 0-7432-0169-8.
- Duerden, Nick (July 2008). "Discography: Paul Weller". Spin. 24 (7): 88. Retrieved 26 December 2016.
- Weisbard, Eric; Marks, Craig, eds. (1995). Spin Alternative Record Guide. Vintage Books. ISBN 0-679-75574-8.
- Christgau, Robert (30 April 1979). "Christgau's Consumer Guide"Beige Cream DION DION Cream qP7ROnY7. The Village Voice. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- Murray, Charles Shaar (28 October 1978). "The Jam: All Mod Cons". NME: 43. Retrieved 27 October 2015.
- Schulps, Dave (February 1979). "The Jam: All Mod Cons". Trouser Press.
- "NME Albums and Tracks of the Year". NME. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- "Rocklist.net NME: The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time : October 2013". Rocklistmusic.co.uk. 1992-05-09. Retrieved 2016-01-14.
- "The 500 Greatest Albums Of All Time: 300-201". NME. 24 October 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2015.